Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happy Go Lucky = Guilt

Often in the morning I will be singing at the top of my lungs, making up songs and having a great time. DH is at work so it's just me and my obnoxious/carefree singing. This morning was no different. I was busseling around the kitchen, making my tea, when in mid song, I was struck with guilt. Guilt that I was so happy, guilt that I was able to make my tea in our cozy little home. All is good here, but not so good for thousands of others. I stopped and looked around my kitchen. I tried to image myself suffering the devastation and loss like so many others. As I scanned the room, I realized that so many memories would be gone. Aside from the obvious large objects I realized that as time goes by and one starts anew, they would be constantly remembering one more thing they lost, like the Ren and Stimpy Curly straws that I got on my 19th Birthday. Stuff you don't see or use everyday, but would be saddened if they were gone forever. I know life isn't about the material things and in times like this the importance lies on the safety of loved ones, but it is still a loss regardless of who or what. My heart goes out to everyone caught in this disaster. It's just so easy to go on with my daily routine here in my happy home, when others are going through the worst times ever. This makes me so sad. I don't want to be out of site, out of mind, but life doesn't stop for anyone. How long until I'm able to start singing again, guilt free? Sigh...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!