Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Nothing To Blog

At least nothing important, only depressing mumbo jumbo that is my life. Ok so maybe in the grand scheme of things it's not all so bad. But in my little bubble, I'm bummed.

So last Fri I was feeling down, just a bunch of different things. Poor Oli got his paw stuck when climbing into a wicker drawer (don't ask) and when I tried to free him he bit me. He pierced the skin but he didn't mean to, he was panicking and right afterwards when I was calming him down, he gave my hand a few licks, he was saying sorry, I know he was. ;) I wasn't mad or anything but it still freakin' hurt! Then Jeff got home from work and we were sitting on the couch when the doorbell rang. It was a neighbor from down the street letting us know that our chair cushions were in her yard, minus a chair. What? Someone had stolen one of the chairs from the little cafe set that sits on our front slab of concrete. Ok, I really wish I could say our front porch or stoop, or something that sounds more elegant but the fact is, it's simply a large piece of concrete that runs from our door to the next door neighbor's. (duplex) But that's besides the point. The point my friends is that this was the icing on the cake of a crappy day. It's not a piece that can be replaced.

We just got new next door neighbors two weeks ago, we have not formally met them and since it was the chair that's closest to their door, I fear they will think we took the chair away intentionally as if to say "You're not allowed to sit here" LOL. So my next question is, why lose the cushions? You can't sit on the chair without them, there are just a few straps that run across... My guess is that poor little chair has met it's demise. Probably just an object to destroy. Will we ever return to a society that respects other people and their belongings? Dinner at Red Lobster washed away the days pains. Mmmmmmmm

The other news, I had to cancel the Scrappetite retreat due to multiple cancellations which left us at only 4 attendee's. I'm really bummed about that one. I vow to never try and organize another group event again.

Alright, lets change this tone a bit. I've been meaning to post this picture for a while so here goes.



This is my oldest brother holding a tiny jar of bait. What is the purpose of this picture? Uh, Ya, I have no idea. You see when I unpacked my suitcase from my trip back home, this was in there. I have no idea why. But knowing how my brother thinks, it probably went something like this...

ooO(I'm a pretty hot guy. Look at the beauty that is Dusten. The world should not be deprived the chance to gaze upon such a handsome being. Aaahhh, Danea has a blog. If I just slip this in here, there might be a chance she'll post it and ALAS! They can feast their eyes! Ha ha ha, peeeeeeeerfect.)

Dusten often complains about not seeing his picture on my blog so I surely cannot disappoint him and his fans. Oops I mean fan, no "s". It's still up to debate whether his "fan" really exists or not but for argument sake we'll say he/she does.

So just to recap, got bit, stolen chair, ate at Red Lobster, cancelled retreat, bettered the world by posting a pic of my brother. That's it in a nutshell. Guess I had more to say than I thought.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow your bro sure is hot!

Anonymous said...

I know I have seen him at Celebrities nightclub wearing chaps and blowing a whistle....

Anonymous said...

What a hunk! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

he is goregous and to think i made him. AAAH, life is good. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the retreat had to be cancelled. I wish I could have made it. Would have loved to meet you all.

Your mom is so sweet. I love the little posts she writes. I can see where you get your great sense of humour.

About your chair...I'm really feeling your pain on this one. You have cushions and no chair. I on the other hand, have a chair and no cushions. Bailey (our dog) was mad at me one day for putting him outside. When I went to check on him, he was knee deep in foam and looking very pleased with himself! He totally destroyed both cushions. So, if you want a chair (or a dog) give me a call. LOL

Oh, and I agree with the others, your brother is a hottie pa-tot-ie. :o)

Anonymous said...

....beating them off with a stick.......LOL

Val said...

Bummer about your retreat!! I'd love to do something like that one of these days.

Suzanne said...

Sorry the retreat didn't work out! Like the others have said your brother is a cutie.

christina said...

when sue told me that the retreat was cancelled i felt so bad. i just didn't have the money to go. i so wish i did. your brother is a cutie that is for sure :)
sorry about the chair. i hate it when crap happens all at once. hate it hate it hate it.

Danea Burleson said...

LOL...seriously people, am I the only one who's clued in that the "anonymous" poster is most likely Dusten himself. Ugh! I can hear his head growing and stretching from here...lmbo!

Anonymous said...

Dusten needs only the tiniest can of bait because with a face and bod like that (and let's not even start on the perfectly groomed, dare I say "very metro", facial hair) the fish just jump into the boat! Am I right? You know I'm right!

Sorry about the retreat. Sorry about the chair. Sorry about the bite. Red Lobster sounds good, though, and hey, on the bright side, you have that hot brother! Heh.

(Pssst, Dusten - you're welcome!)

Danea Burleson said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think your brother is hot too!

Anonymous said...

Me too, is he available?

Danea Burleson said...

Geez, I'm surprised Dustenella hasn't commented yet.

Anonymous said...

He is definately a hottie! Is his bait for fish or for Women? Hard to resist...

Anonymous said...

Just a note.. yer ole daddy never had to use bait to attract chicks... ;-))

Anonymous said...

to yer daddy:

Thats for sure all you did was put out chicken feed and they clucked to you!!!! If only the woman liked chicken feed. heehee