Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Surprise!

Today is the day!


Asa's coming home outfit, if it's not too big. ;)

We found out Monday afternoon at my doctors apt. I was sent for an amnio to check Asa's lung development but the little booger refused to let me get stuck. Every time the Doc found a little pocket of fluid to test he would scootch over before she could get the needle ready...LOL. Finally after about 40 minutes and 5 attempts she gave up and said she wanted to do the c-section on Wed regardless. At least I didn't have to have a needle, but it's not like I haven't already had hundreds in my lifetime.

The doctor(not my regular but one he recommended as he is unavailable for weeks) didn't like that I was still having steady contractions after 5 weeks and they were 4 minutes apart while trying to do this procedure. Plus she said my sac fluids were a bit low, not unsafe and still average, but she just didn't like it and thought he looked ready to come out. She said there is only a 3-5% chance his lungs aren't fully developed but I am sure they are fine. She was also estimated him at 5lb 11oz, but because of his breech position she said it could be a little more than that. :)

So there ya have it! In about an hour we will be heading to the brand new hospital, they just made the switch and grand opening yesterday, yippee, for my 11:30 am c-section. We will update asap. I hear the new hospital has wireless internet so we may be able to update tonight?! If not it will be this weekend.

I have to admit, this is the first surgery I have ever been really excited to have...hehehe!

10 comments:

Susanne P. said...

my stomach is in knots. i wish you all the best. enjoy this wonderful event.

love to you both.

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhh today is the day!!! You are going to meet baby Asa very soon and you guys will all be one big happy family!!! I am so excited to see your little guy.
Renee'

Missy said...

I'm thinking of you and can't wait to see the little guy.

Angela said...

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait to squish that baby!

Good luck!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I'm so excited to see pictures, but you just know he's gonna be so beautiful!

strawberrygirl said...

So glad you and the baby are doing well Danea...thanks for the phone call and update...so happy Hunter has a happy healthy cousin!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is so exciting!! Can't wait to see some pictures!! So happy for you and Jeff! :o)

Donna C said...

Good luck and congratultions on the day finally arriving !!! A big canadian hug coming your way for ALL of you !

strawberrygirl said...

Just to let everyone know....Danea is doing well, is up and about..even after her C section...GO DANEA:) I don't want to post all the info, because it is her story to share. She will most likely be home Saturday, and really wants to post pictures but is having problems with the wireless interenet at the hospital.
We love you Danea and Jeff...welcome to the world Asa:)

Auntie Tara

christina said...

OMGOSH I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU. i can't wait to hear all about it. take it easy and HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU AND JEFF