Friday, March 14, 2008

Professional?

Let's say you were in the market for some professional portraits. I'm not talking Sears or Walmart, I mean hiring a freelance for more personal shots. Would you pay for something like these photos? I know photography is very subjective so these may not be your thing, and if that's the case, then would you at least tell me if you think these look professional? I'm really thinking about starting my own business as an on location photographer. This means no studio, just in your home or at a location of your choice sort of this.

***EDITED TO ADD*** Another reason that I ask if these look professional is that as some of you know, my hands are pretty messed up. This means that semi pro and pro cameras are items I will never be able to use. Jeff has the Minolta 7D which is a semi pro camera, mine is the 5D and his is too bulky and heavy for me to hold. So I have to make it work with what I've got. Hmmm doesn't that old saying go "It's not what you have, it's how ya use it?" Hahaha.

These first three capture who Asa is as I see him, he's very observant and self entertained, a quiet soul for the most part.











Lots of facial expressions(he was playing with his new tooth.)











I'll also add that these were taken on my couch, using the pop up flash cuz the natural light was too dark yesterday. I fiddled with the flash settings so it didn't look so harsh. Thanks in advance for everyone input!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say you could definitely have your own business doing photos. Do you want to limit it to babies, or are you open to all ages.

I vote yes, go for it.

Danea Burleson said...

I would like to start out with children/ families & pregnancies, but I would love to do weddings someday. But weddings are a TALL order. You don't want someone ruining all your wedding photos like our photographer did..haha.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

YES!

In fact, if you were closer I'd be having you over to do my fat belly pictures when the time comes.

Devon said...

well, I think you know what I think but in case you don't, Your photos rock! You take your time and think out each shot and I know I appreciate that and I always know you are going to take great shots. I defenitely know you can do professional.

Kirsten said...

I don't know exactly how I stumbled across your blog...maybe from Sharon Soneff's? But I had to chime in and say go for it! Adorable pictures of the little guy, and yes, I'd pay. As a matter of fact, I saw somebody at Walmart the other day with their 1 year old (or so....)...and I just thought "how can you do this?" Spend a hundred bucks at least and get some quality....so. Go for it.

Anonymous said...

I vote yes! You've always had an eye for a great shot. Do it! I know you'll be successful. You're little one is such a cutie. I really enjoy all of your photos.

Anonymous said...

Love them...can't believe how much Asa looks like me..just give him white hair, mustache and a goatee..and well what can I say ;-)
P.S. Not quite sure about you taking pictures of my fat belly tho.....
By all means..go for it!!!!!!

Susanne P. said...

Most definately!! I loved the photo shoot you did of me and you & I together. These pictures show you can capture great facial expressions and know just when to take the shot.

See if you can take pics of your neighbors baby. Isn't her baby about the same age as Asa? See how it is with a child that you don't see day in and day out.

Anonymous said...

I have ra too and the only dSLR camera that I can hold for long periods of time are the Nikons. To me, the Nikons are the lightest and have a comfortable grip. Everything else was too heavy, or just too painful to hold due to camera shape. My job (tv media) requires that I am able to hold the camera for long periods of time. A tripod helps but I cannot always have one on-location kwim?

I don't know about you, but I always, always have the camera on its strap and around my neck. I do this because I have a nagging fear I will one day drop the thing. lol!

Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!!.....sign me up the next time your up my way I wouls LOVE to get some great shots of our little ones as you see them....i suck ass as a photographer....gues who i am :)

Danea Burleson said...

Well I would guess Rebecca because of the "suck ass" phrase, BUT the typos throw me off...LOL.

Anonymous said...

yes it's me with all the typos i own them :)...was posting with two 30 pound ish not so little ones in my lap...the ones you need to photograph!!!! your photos rock and your hands aren't messed up they're kinda cute :)