Sunday, July 13, 2008

Experimentation

So I finished this weeks photography assignment early...YAY! We were to take 3 shots of the same subject that had both bright light and dark shadows using the 3 different metering options that digital SLR cameras have. I'll admit it was hard for me to find a likable subject that wasn't human(my favorite). So after circling the house twice I settled on the Oleander bush out front. I was pleased to see that all metering options on my camera (Minolta Maxxum 5D) are pretty close but one stood out as being a slightly better exposure, called center weighted. This, by the way, is straight out of camera. In other words no digital enhancements.


Not bad I guess for someone who doesn't do much nature theme photography? But some of you know me way to well, so what are the chances I would leave this baby untouched? Ha! After posting my assignments to the class I couldn't resist having a little fun. I have been dying to play with layers and grunge. Layers and actions and grunge. Oh My!

This was really fun to do, and didn't really take much time. Maybe an hour and that was with doing & deleting and trying new things. To me this photo now reflects my scrapbook style. So does this count as scrapping then? Haha.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Maybe digital scrapping? I love the second photo with the alterations, myself! :-D

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for natural light, so I like the first one of course. But editing can be a lot of fun (yes time consuming too - how do you do it? My kids are yanking on me 2 minutes into my time at the computer!)... Your stuff is Lovely. Send me the link if you can, for your class, would like to look into it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! If you have any CHA sneak peeks you'd like to share that you've created for the show, I have the place for you! Or even stuff that isn't sneak peeks! Just register on the site and upload your sneak peeks and maybe share them on the sneak peek board. The sites been really slow lately after a tough year of lots of ups and downs for me. I'd love to maybe get some hype about the new products coming out. I'll be using the feedback I receive from members about what products to bring into the store for the Grand Re-opening of Scrap Happy KT. If you share your sneak peeks on the site please let me know and send me your mailing address and I'll be sure to get a thank you out to you right away! If you don't have the time but would like to upload your peeks I would be more then happy to do so for you, just email me with a gallery that does have them and I can pull them from there. Just make sure you include your name and user name. Thanks so much and have an awesome week!

Kattie Szymanski
Scrap Happy KT
www.scraphappykt.com
Your Favorite On-line Scrapbook Store!
http://krazykt.typepad.com/

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Danea I think they both look beautiful! I need to work on my photography skills...a class in calling my name lol - great photos! tfs

Outnumbered said...

those are fabulous! you have lots of talent!!!