Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Of All The Gifts...

This is what my child can't get enough of.


That's right, it's a Birthday card. Granted it's not just any old birthday card, it plays some sort of funky disco dance tune. What's even funnier is how he will start to bounce his leg to it or get his body groovin'. Oh but if he sees you watching he instantly stops moving and just grins at you. He loves this silly little card. We were at the drug store when I started opening the musical cards and doing silly little dances for him. He would giggle at some but when I opened up this one, he lunged forward with a squeal of delight! He wouldn't let go of it and almost cried when I had to pay for it. He likes to point at the balloons and say "ba" don't get too excited though, everything is "ba". Haha. It apparently tastes pretty good too. Proof of his paper appetite. Yup, this kid eats paper whenever he gets the chance. I blame this on Grandma who gave him a pair of shorts to occupy him while we shopped last April, and only a few minutes later I looked down and half of the tag was entirely gone! Good going Grandma. Haha. Since then he has been a paper magnet. Thankfully he's gotten much better at not putting it in his mouth as soon as I say "yuck" or "no, yucky" or "bring that to mom" or "hey, not in your mouth." I think that's the only reason that so much of this card still exists.

Anyway, he has had this card on every trip and outing and plays with it at home. Figures that he likes the least expensive item, good thing we kept it simple with very few gifts. Looks like Christmas will be easy on the wallet this year. Ha!

5 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

They do say it's good to get plenty of fiber in your diet....

Sharyn said...

ohmylands....that you took a photo of the card totally cracks me up BECAUSE I have the same photo at home but of a hamster card that sings this lively little jiggy tune! The kids fight over it and it looks very similar to your card. What a hoot!

Susanne P. said...

kids always seem to like the items that the present comes in more than the present at that age. the box, the tissue, apparently the card. lol it sure is cute though.

Unknown said...

You know, my 1 y/o loves paper, too. It must be a way for them to get their fiber. lol.

:)

Anonymous said...

LOL...I have the hamster card too I actually have one from each birthday and pull them out out on THOSE DAYS when nothing seems to amuse anyone...:)....glad Asa had a good b-day.
anonymou in abby :)