Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chop Liver

That's me. Yup. I've been bumped. Move it along lady, nothing to see here. Sigh.

It wasn't three hours after she arrived that my status as top dog came to a sudden halt and then took a nose dive at 300 miles an hour. It was bed time. This included the same bedtime routine we've had for a year, bottle, lullaby's and small talk about planes. But that night was different, screams ensued the moment we sat in the rocker. He fought me, pushing and crying and trying to toss his untouched bottle. Oh joy.

"Fine," I said. "Let's go say goodnight to everyone." We hadn't officially done this and I thought maybe that's what was eating Gilbert Grape. This behavior is not like him so I was grasping at straws. Funny how his whole demeanor changed the second I stood up with him, little bugger. Daddy was in the shower so we walked straight over to Grandma. "Give grandma a kiss goodnight." I urged calmly, leaning him towards her. Ha! He outstretched his arms and dove into her arms. I was a bit surprised to be honest. Apparently his whole tantrum was because he wanted grandma.

"Alright," I chuckled, doubting that this could really be what just turned my child wicked moments ago "you put him to bed." *Insert that haha sucker, good luck with that, tone* and off they went. About thirty seconds later I saw something that needed to go in his room and figured I would quietly sneak in. There they were, Asa happily sitting on grandma's lap enjoying his bottle. He barely gave me a glance, and I my friends, officially became an outcast. Oh sure I still get occational kisses... if I beg. But he has become grandmas little shadow, no longer mine. They laugh and play and snuggle. And me, I watch them. Oh and did I meantion I seem to have some new found freedom that I thought was long gone? Oh ya people, don't be feeling sorry for me, this is GREAT! Hahaha.

How long can you stay grandma? *wink*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! For real! Take advantage of that while you can. :) Lucky Mom!

Lorie said...

Gotta love Grandmas! Smart kid! He knows who to butter up! ;D

Enjoy your time off.

Anonymous said...

oh Yeah, it's nice huh? My Sister-in-law is here, and the girls can't get enough of her. They are more than happy to spend all their time with her, and vise-versa. It's a win-win-win situation!

Rebecca, Jason, Clint and Tanya said...

send her my way when your're done...lol