Wednesday, October 01, 2008

For The Love Of Flying

Yes it's been a while. Things have been busy here, including my mom being in town(she went home yesterday) and me taking on some new TT assignments. Things have been good though, just busy. I have lots of catching up to do and pictures to take and post!

But today I want to share our airshow experience from last Sunday. I was pretty excited to see how Asa would react to all the airplanes since he has become such a fan. Sure he stops to look when he hears one in the sky and he loves flying his imaginary (and toy) bi-planes but how would he react to the real deal? Beyond my expectations, that's how. I figured he would be impressed...for a while, but the novelty didn't fade as I expected. Nope, he refused to nap because he wanted to see it all. He pointed out every plane on the ground and even watched the acts in the sky! He made airplane noises and motions with his hands. He discovered jets and seemed thrilled with their loud engines. I had more fun watching and taping him then I did the show. In fact, I was quite disappointed with the show. The prices were jacked up and the performers were few, so if it wasn't for the joy of Asa I probably would have been very upset with the show in general. Thankfully Asa made every overpriced dollar worth it!

Oh and as we watched the parashooters land one by one, Asa began to clap...no prompting, all on his own, how stinkin' cute is that!

Now as I mentioned I did take some video, but it's too long to post, however I will post the video I took after getting home because, quite frankly it's the most entertaining. So without further adu, here is how Asa felt about the airshow when reflecting back later that evening...

4 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Very cute video :) tfs

Devon said...

Mike was telling me about this, that Jeff had told him but man is that so cute!!! I love it!! What a smarty pants he is!!
Oh, and is that a layout I spy on the kitchen table!!?

Danea Burleson said...

LOL...yes that's a layout, but...it's not mine...hehe. It's one that my mom did of Asa in his bat costume last year. Like I would let that slip...haha, nice try! ;)

Susanne P. said...

what a hilarious laugh! i wish he was laughing like that when i was there. those are the best ones.