Friday, September 16, 2005

MMMmmmmmmmmasters...

So yesterday was the official beginning of when the calls will start but they have until the 23 to actually make them. I am speaking of the Memory Makers Masters that is. A contest I entered this year to win the prestigious award of working with Memory Makers Magazine as a "Master" for one year. Do I think I have the talent to fill a possition? My ego says "Heck Ya!", or I wouldn't have entered. Do I believe I will win a spot? Not so much. The talent of people entering is staggering and there are only 10 coveted spots. With any luck, I hope to at least make the finalists list. That would be great! I told myself I wouldn't get worked up when call time comes around but here I sit with stomach in knots hoping and prayering to get that call. It won't make or break me so I won't be too dissapointed if not. Especially since I know all the winners will be extremely talented. This won't be a contest where the winners will be announced and you just think...hmmmmm? So it's all good! This is the first time I have entered one of these "BIG" contests and if I don't make it, I will surely try again next year. I may even give HOF a shot, but that will all depend on whether or not I can answer the phone this week and say " Yes this is Day-Nah, what? OMG! You've got to be kidding! Seriously?! OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have totally made my year!! Woohooo!" *Insert screams, hopping about, tears and laughter*

But I really haven't given it any thought. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there girlie! I heard at the veggies that one of the editors was sick this week and it is more likely to be towards the end of next week.

Take care, and don't stress too much. You're an amazing arist, regardless.

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome scrapper. You so deserve this! Keep your chin up!!