Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Grumblies

Last night I had the grumblies. I'm not sure why I felt this way, but sometimes I do. As I prepared for bed they really hit. I was grumbling, literally saying "Grumble, grumble, grumble." Tossing my arms, jerking my body and kicking imaginary objects. Yes, I was playing up my tantrum just like a two year old would. I may be 31 but why should small children get all the fun. Besides haven't you ever wanted to react the way a two year old does, just for fun? (I was once bored stiff at the home depot while Jeff was looking at saws or something so I started doing raspberries. Except I was not holding back on the slobber release. These were big WET raspberries. Spit flying everywhere. Jeff just shook his head and knew it was time to go. Thanks little redheaded boy in aile 5!) ;) Children react to how they feel but as we age, this behavior becomes unacceptable, however in the privacy of my bedroom, with my husband watching and snickering, I felt the need to express my grumblies.

Once in bed I told him that maybe some snuggles and expressed love would take away my grumblies. He casually reached over and shook my hand. This was not an expression of love and I informed him that a handshake would not suffice. So we both scootched to the center of our king sized bed to snuggle. Jeff and I are not snugglers, hence the king sized bed. We do hug and kiss, then return to our respected sides before drifting off to sleep. I like my space and he likes his. Tonight however I needed to feel him snuggle me. He rolled onto his side, I on my back and he wrapped his arm around me. I could instantly feel my grumblies fade. As I stroked his arm I could sense he was drifting off. I basked in the moment, so close to my husband, the soft sent of soap on his skin, so cozy and loved, the warmth of his breath just barely against my ear. It was only a couple minutes when his head began to relax and how sweet it was when his forehead began to lightly touch my temple. So sweet. He was off in dream land, his head relaxing, relaxing... But soon my sweet moment was exchanged with the painful weight off his noggan crushing my temple. It was such a twist on my peaceful calm that I almost laughed, but I dare not laugh for I did not want to wake this kind man. Besides I was not yet ready to let go of my moment. Alas, the excruciating pain convinced me otherwise and I wiggled my head away. He did wake for a moment, just enough for us to say good night and we schooch back to our zones.

The moral of this story: Snuggles do take away the grumblies. Enjoy the moment, use all your senses and two heads are not always better then one.

6 comments:

strawberrygirl said...

Note: FARTING UNDER THE COVERS AND MAKING A TENT DOES NOT TAKE AWAY THE GRUMBLIES......

Anonymous said...

*guffaw* Enjoy that dent in your head! Too funny. I can just imagine the moment . . . so sweet . . .so wonderful . . .so . . painful . . . can't . . . breathe . . .

Anonymous said...

I think you may be in the wrong business girl, you are a hillarious writer, you could make a million by writing your own blob book. You are a natural! Of course you arwe a natural scrapbooker too. Damn i sure made one talented, loving, funny , beatuiful woman didn't I? Okay your dad may have helped a bit, He did say he wanted a little girl just like her mom. hee hee hee I love you! xoxox

Anonymous said...

LOL zee!

Anonymous said...

woops. that was me. -wendy

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I get the grumblies and act childish too, I admit it. My husband will often refer to my "scowly face" while mocking me. No wonder I have that nice wrinkle on the bridge of my nose...