Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Take That And Rewind It Back...

Little Zee got the beat to make your booty go...

Yeah, yeah!

Aaahhh nothin' like the smooth sounds of Usher to groove to...hehe.

So I am one more layout down...11 to go...LOL. Ugh!

I want to send out a congrats to my dad and new step mom Julianne who got married last sat. I was unable to attend...that whole Greencard dealio. Can't wait to see pictures! On the day they got married, I got to meet Ali Edwards. For those family and friends who do not know who she is (Dusten take note) Ali is an ACTUAL scrapbook celebrity! Believe me, I am thrilled to be a celebrity in your eyes but uh, it doesn't really count if I know everyone in my fan club. Oh that's right I don't have a fan club. LOL.

Ali was great, so full of talent and such a real genuine person! It was so nice to see someone who wasn't just putting on a show. She made you feel so comfortable. In my case probably too comfortable as I admitted to not reading her blog and never actually looking at her book. Do I know how to compliment a girl or what!? They don't call me Smooooth Danea Dipper for nothing.Ok, so nobody calls me Smooooth Danea Dipper, but they probably would if I were smooth. But I digress, back to Ali. So my smart ass didn't leave well enough alone and after actually looking at her book I decided I needed to have one and wanted it signed. That is when I approached her at the front of the room while all the busy little croppers snipped and glued their way through their scrapbooks. Did I politely ask her to sign my book? Unfortunately not. I quietly, as not to draw attention, pretended to be a crazy star struck fan. Repeating her name in excitement and other various silly little things any crazy fan would do. Chances are I will never work in this industry again. LOL. Not only did I admit that I had never really followed her work, but then I did what might have been misconstrued as making fun of her. For those who know me, I was not in fact making fun of her, but just being my goofy self. Ali, really, you are one talented beeatch and I admire you whole heartedly!
Yah, yah I know, like she would ever read my blog and see that. I do have a picture of her, Susanne and myself. Thus I have a reminder of how close I came. I am in fact wearing a brown angora poncho, not a potato sack. I am also wearing a new fake ponytail, and unfortunately it looks pretty fake...LOL. Oh well, it was fun.



It was a great trip, I had so much fun hanging with Susanne. Her family is so nice and her kids so well behaved. Or at least pretended to be while I was there...hehehe.

As for my arthritis..well, there is always something. This week I am having major right wrist issues. Completely out of the blue. The pain is pretty bad, 11 pages is a lot when in pain. But mostly my fear is the ever looming wrist fusion that I have managed to avoid for almost 10 years now. The left one has been done. I actually look forward to other surgeries, but the wrist fusion was the most pain I had ever experienced and the thought of having to endure that pain again makes the tears well up. The Dr's say they won't do it until the pain in my wrist gets really bad and it becomes too weak. Hopefully this will be a passing pain as I often experience odd things like this for short amounts of time only to have the disappear one day. *crossing my fingers*

Ok off to start dinner for my sweet hubby who will be home any minute.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. What a great story. Ali probably thought you were hysterical, or a maniac, or perhaps both. I like the fake ponytail - wouldn't have known it wasn't real except for you saying so. (Oh, and since I saw you a month ago and you didn't have one. That too.)

Anonymous said...

Will someone please tell this woman that she is indeed very close to if not a celeberty in the scrapbooking world, at least in ours! Nice potato sack I mean poncho. heeheehee Love you Mom xoxoxo

SplendidlyImperfect said...

A'ight Danea Dipper, you are too sorta kinda a scraplebrity, and I do believe you do have yourself a little fan club...

It's like, I was reading this guy's blog (bryanboy, if you care to look for it) and he wrote once about how he liked to be very self deprecating. So he'd be like, I'm fat and ugly, and then everyone is like, no, you are thin and fabulous! And he would be happy. But if someone said, yeah, you're right, you are fat and ugly he'd be all like, duh, I just said that, man you're stupid...

You guys look so cute with Ali. I miss you guys!