Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tea For Two and Two For Tea...


It always happens this time of year...my fascination with my Mud Pie tea set. I go on the hunt for more pieces for my set, but this year is a bit different for this year I know the set is discontinued...sigh. You see one year my wonderful husband bought me additions to my set for Christmas ( the original tea pot was a bridal shower gift from my MIL)...I'm talking more then I even new existed...platter, wine box, candle, photo frames, spreaders,etc...almost every box under the tree was something mud pie. It was like a game to see what else we might find in this Classic Toile collection. Once I was sure I came across a water pitcher, but that was early in the game and I have never seen one since. I thought I had been mistaken until I finally got an answer from a rep at mud pie today and she said that yes there had been a pitcher. Getting that from her by email was like pulling teeth...very unhelpful.

Last year I held a Christmas tea party for some of my regulars in my card class. I intend on doing it again this year. If only I could find that darn water pitcher! Ebay is usually really good with finding my set, but only the platter is listed right now, I want this platter, as one was not enough last year but I'm sure it will come up again, cheaper...eventually.

If only there were some local retailers with this set still in stock...sigh.

Moving on, I was very busy and cranky last night, should still be busy but decided to relax a tad this morning. I will get back to work when I am done writing this. Nothing real interesting to share. Great news on my wrist though...I realized the other night that it wasn't hurting anymore! Just some freak passing pain. Knock on wood.

Jeff and I are cooking our first turkey on Thursday, his parents are coming for Thansgiving Dinner. Wish us luck. Hehehe Hopefully I will remeber to take pictures. Bad scrapper, bad, bad scrapper who never remembers the darn camera! LOL.

3 comments:

strawberrygirl said...

Whoever heard of thanksgiving in November????? Crazy Americans....

I love your pattern Danea:)

Suzanne said...

I love the toile ceramics. I just love black & white toile anything!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Okay, I am usually not a fan of the toile, but that is so pretty! No one I know drinks tea though. I guess I could serve beer out of it, or margaritas, hmm...