Thursday, July 20, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Right off the bat, take note that this is Danea's DH taking over for the day. Danea's home and doing well. The surgery lasted quite a bit longer than we expected. We arrived at the hospital at about 10:30am and the surgery was scheduled to start at 12:30. Of course everything was running late so we didn't even get in for prep until after 11:30. I was told the surgery would last about 3.5 hours, so I figured I'd go shopping for an air conditioner to help make her recovery a bit more comfortable. I didn't get a call by 5:00pm from the hospital like I expected, so I headed back to check on things. "Still in." was all the answer I could get out of the nurse, so I ended up waiting around for a few hours until the surgeon came out to give my mom and me the update. (My mom stopped by the hospital on her way home from work) He showed us the x-rays and explained all that he had to do and why it took so long. Apparently Danea has some tiny bones which makes the surgeon's job quite difficult.

So about an hour or so after we spoke to the surgeon we were allowed to go in and talk to Danea in the recovery room. She was feeling very "happy" as we walked in, a result from the anesthesia I assume. To cut a long story short (Danea can fill in all the humor later), we left around 9:30 for home. So after a long night of many requests and complaints, today she seems to feel much better and is getting around surprisingly well. Please forgive my frankness, but I think Danea will have a lot of time on her hand(s) to fill in all the humorous aspects over the next week or so. Be assured that she is doing very well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, thanks so much for updating us on Danea. I've been thinking about her and wondering how her surgery went. I'm so glad to hear she's doing okay.

Tell her we are all sending her lots of hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update, i'll keep her in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about her and hoping all went well. Thanks for updating us. I'll pray for a quick recovery.

Also, if either of you need anything at all, I'm here in San Jose, so I would be happy to help. My email is dandi1212@aol.com

Missy said...

Thanks for the update Jeff. I didn't want to call and bother her yesterday....but knowing she is doing betting I will give her a ring today.

christina said...

thanks for the update. i'm so happy to hear that she is doing well. i really hope this surgery is much less painful then the last and that the recovery time is much quicker. i will be thinking positive thoughts and sending them her way.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I bet Danea on happy gas is a sight to behold....

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear she is okay.

Val said...

What a sweet guy you've got :>

Girl, those latest LO's rock my socks ~ I wish you the absolute speediest of recoveries so you can get back to what you love!!

CONGRATS on the new ride, that must feel awesome!! And don't worry, I'm sure she misses you too :)

~*~*~*~*~ HUGS ~*~*~*~*~

Get well!!!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a speedy recover Danea. Thanks for filling us in Jeff.