Monday, October 09, 2006

When Life Hands You Lemons....

Yup, sometimes you have to work with what you got. In my case I made a big pitcher of lemonade! Haha. I figured what the heck, and decided to make the best of it! So instead of the "Ooohh, that looks painful!" or "Oh My. What happened?" Or even the simple "Ouch!" I am hoping for some light hearted grins...LOL.

This is the before shot as you may remember. Not so pretty, quite monstrous really...Ha Ha.


And these are the after's! I had a little too much fun I think. It's totally blinged out.

I used TT stamps: Whirlygigs, Kabloom, Just Picked and Hanging By A Thread. The paper is one from Marah Johnson's CI lines. The jewels are Hiedi Swap and ribbons are May Arts and TT's Twill.

I stamped with brown Stazon and then traced all the images with colored glaze pens AFTER all the pieces were decopaged.

I even colored the string and elastics...LOL. So there ya have it! Think anyone will notice it?

If only I was a star I could auction it off after I was through with it and make millions. Or $23.75, beggers can't be chosers.







Thanks to my Jeffypoo who was sweet enough to attach the flower for me as I am not aloud to alter the metal piece cuz the therapist wants it back, so he attached it with wire for me. What a guy! xo

11 comments:

strawberrygirl said...

Danea you are my artistic hero!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesomw!!!!! love ya

Anonymous said...

Awesomw!!!!! love ya

SplendidlyImperfect said...

You are such a nut! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Its great to have a sense of humor during time like this !!!! It really did turn out awesome.

Norma (localocairis)

Anonymous said...

i love your attitude, inspiration, and creativity!!! thanks for sharing, danae!

Genevieve said...

That's awesome! It looks great! I love your little creative mind!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Danea, that is so cute!!!! You'll be so stylin' and profilin' now woman!!

Hmmm... I just got a new wheelchair...think you can bling my new wheels up a little for me? LOL

Donna C said...

Looks great and if you have to wear it , make sure it has lots of bling ! LOL ! Love you pretty flower ring ! LOL !

Shannon said...

That is incredible! You really can beautify anything! I prefer your version much more. If you have to wear it they might as well make it fashionable.

Anonymous said...

That is really cool...you have real talent!