Thursday, November 30, 2006

I Feel Pretty...

Oh soooo pretty...



This was taken Tuesday night. I don't have to wear the ice packs anymore thank goodness. They never stayed in place so I used a scarf to keep them where they needed to be. ;)

I'm doing better, swelling is slowly going down, but the bruising is now really showing up. The worst is puddling at the bottom of my neck. I can't talk very well yet and I have to eat soft foods. I had my first blended meal of cheese tortellini last night. It tasted great but took a lot of work to eat. I'm not in pain, just discomfort. My cheeks, tongue, any muscle around my face is tender when I move. You can't really see it in this pic but there is a white strip of tape that stretches ear to ear across my chin. It's pressing everything back and it's holding the chin muscle in place. It comes off next Tuesday. Yippee!

I'm not sleeping well yet, so I am going to keep this short as I feel the need to go have a nap. I just thought I'd let you all have a good laugh at my expense. Enjoy it while you can!

7 comments:

cari said...

I think the snazy glasses really make the outfit! Glad you are not in pain...can't wait to see the result!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Yeah... I laughed. Scared the poor dog too. You just HAD to make a face, didn't ya?

Anonymous said...

well did you have to cross the eyes too? even in pain you are crazy! love it!

sorry, but i giggled a little too. then i felt bad.

i called last night but understand you can't really talk so just take it easy and i will talk to you next week.

hugs
s.

Anonymous said...

We have a squirrel at our cabin named Chuck...looking closely at the picture(s) I think you might be related. Wtg.. tc Love Ya

Val said...

Glad to hear all went well, girl. You know, if you hadn't explained away the scarf as an ice pack sling, I would have dismissed it as a Daneaism. {HUGS}

PS: Dude, my site's up ~ doyoudigi.com ... it's about time!!

Genevieve said...

I needed a little laugh this morning! I'm glad you're doing well and can't wait to see the new you!

Anonymous said...

hey there! thank goodness you are not in pain! i've missed your blog, and good to be back!

our new addition has us ridiculously happy these days, now that we're all home:)

take good care!