Monday, November 27, 2006

Surgical Success

Hey all. This is Danea's DH giving everyone the update. Well, to cut out a lot of this and that, I'll summarize:

The surgery was a complete success!

Danea is staying overnight at the hospital so they can monitor the swelling in her throat and surrounding tissues. I spoke with the surgeon and she was happy to announce that she was able to coax out 16mm (approximately .63" for the metrically challenged) of additional chin. The surgery was scheduled for 3 hours, but I believe it was actually closer to 2.5, which is great proof that everything went smoother than expected. - Possibly due to all her many friends and family members praying for her and sending good vibes her way. Thank you everyone!

She should be released early tomorrow morning and I'm sure she'll update her blog personally within the next few days. For now she's stuck with a soft diet of ice cream, popsicles, smoothies, yogurt and all those terrible foods that nobody ever wants to be forced to consume.

Please continue to include her in your prayers and send all the good vibes you can spare!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

so wonderful to hear!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Missy said...

That's great news....I get she was excited about 16mm. I'll give a call when I get home from work tonight.

Anonymous said...

yay, yay, yay!! i am so happy for you danea!

hugs and love,
s.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

YAY! I can't wait to see pictures, I know she's been wanting this chin for a long time!

Anonymous said...

congrats zee!!!

Michelle said...

So glad everything went well. Looking forward to updates.

Donna C said...

Wonderful ! Can hardly wait to see the pictures . Danea , do you need a chin warmer to match the leg warmers and wrist warmers ! LOL !
Take care !

Anonymous said...

Congrats sis,so did you go for the leno or the Heston? Cant wait to see. L8r big d

Genevieve said...

Great news! I'm so happy everything went well!