Friday, January 12, 2007

Commercials

I love the Geico Caveman commercials. They make me laugh out loud, especially the airport/moving sidewalk one. I just love his expression and disgust! Here it is with a combo of the next installment if you haven't yet seen it.



I also think the "Easy Button" was a great advertising idea, not that this is another favorite commercial but it was just a great idea. It was made to look even greater when Office Depot put out their brilliant "Hand" advertisement. If you have no idea what I am talking about then let me do a quick overview:

Staples: Has an easy button, run out of ink, need to find something, just click the easy button and Voila! It's taken care of. Wouldn't it be nice if we had an easy button? My Christmas decorations would be down and back in storage but that's besides the point. Don't judge me.

Office Depot: Has a hand in a box. Need ink? The hand in the box will point the way. Just put the box in your cart and you are off. It's a hand in a box. A creepy hand, in a box, that does nothing but point and give a thumbs up. I don't know about you but if I am already there in Office Depot, I'm pretty sure I can find the ink on my own, heck I would probably feel comfortable enough to ask an employee if I were really lost. But carry around a hand in a box?

Someone needs to be fired.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That hand in the box creeps me right out. I have to change the channel if it comes on.

The one with the jumping/swimming scissors also gives me the heeby jeebys. I get visions of scissors chasing me down the street...EEK!! It's a credit card company but I can't remember which one.

Anonymous said...

i am with michelle, that scissor one is awful. scared me the first couple times i saw it.

i HATE the caveman commercials. berto loves them. just like that big creepy burger king guy. berto and the kids love him and i can't even look at him. seriously freaks me out. i cover my eyes when those commercials come on. gotta love tivo for letting me fast forward. =)

i want the easy button for getting ready in the morning. hair and make-up....done!

Anonymous said...

hey there! thanks for posting, i love reading your threads...have missed them. happy new year!

cheers.

Anonymous said...

I like the hands in mypocket one.
How come you didnt mention the news of our visit in Reno?

something I dont get is copying this word verification cant Aant Aanyone copy it , how ia it securing things?

Danea Burleson said...

Was that in English?