Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blog Woes

I have so many topics to post and not sure which to do first and therefore I have avoided posting at all! So let me start with the most recent and important news.

Monday my youngest bro(30) was admitted into emergency with a horrendous headache that had been plaguing him all weekend. The docs said it was a stress headache and wanted to send him home with antidepressants. My SIL rebutted and said no, this is beyond a headache and demanded a CAT scan. Turns out he suffered a mild stroke and had swelling of the brain. Thank God she refused their initial diagnoses!

He had an MRI yesterday to determine the cause and it turns out he has Carotid Dissection. I have looked it up online and am not up to typing out what it is, but it's the most common stroke for people under 40 and can be caused by trauma to a main artery in the neck.

It seems to be treatable but I have not spoke to my family today and thus I am not sure what treatment he will be receiving. I am just happy that they know what it is and how to treat it.

Ok, so I will update with details from my trip at a later date. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dana - I'll keep you and your fmaily in my thoughts...I hop ehtat your brother's treatment will make him feel better. Good for your SIL to NOT back down with those doctors. Renee'

Anonymous said...

Oh my - ignore my typos :) Renee'

Shannon said...

You and your family will be in my prayers! What a relief that they found what it was and your SIL did not agree with the initial diagnosis.
Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

omg, you and your family will be in our prayers tonight! and good for your sil!!!

Missy said...

Holy crap that is scary. I have never even heard of someone 30 having a stroke. Good for your SIL.

On a brighter note I have been waiting to read about your trip!!!

strawberrygirl said...

Danea, how is your "bump" doing?

christina said...

omg how scary, i am sooooo happy that she refused that diagnosis and had further testing done. please keep us informed