Monday, March 31, 2008

Words of comfort...

I have been sick, very sick, with food poisoning that almost kicked my ass. I thought I was going to die. It started Friday with violent vomiting lasting through Sat night. I'm still have issues today but for the most part am feeling much better and have been able to keep small amounts of food down for over 12 hours now.

I managed to get up for a bit on Saturday, staggering out to the couch to sit with Jeff. The movement from walking apparently stirred my tummy and I quickly ran to the bathroom to once again throw up some invisible substance as my stomach had long before emptied. Sigh. I went and sat back down and Jeff lovingly put his hand on my knee, gently stroking it for comfort. I turned to him and through his warm smile he said "You really look like crap."

If that's not love, then I don't know what is.

6 comments:

Devon said...

OH that sucks! I'm sorry. Where did you guys eat? What a loving DH you have, mine would probably say the same thing! Did you smack him? I hope you are feeling 100% better tomorrow.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Oh no! Do you know how you got it? I think mine may know better by now than to say stuff like that,but then again, every time I think so he surprises me. I like Devon's suggestion of smacking him. Right upside the head.

At least it got mostly over with before your bday. You don't want to feel cruddy then.

Rachel said...

What a bummer! I hope you are well for your birthday....which brings me to the reason I stopped by....HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!

Melissa said...

Awww! I hope you're feeling better on your birthday! Happy birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you are feeling much better today. :)

Outnumbered said...

oh no! i hope you're feeling better. that sounds like no fun at all!