Friday, April 04, 2008

Catching up...

I had intended on writing a more detailed entry but so much keeps happening that I decided to do this in point form.

  • Last Thursday there was a knock on my door...surprise my mom came to visit. Yay!
  • Friday I get food poisoning and am laid up until Tuesday. Boo!
  • Monday I start to feel human again. Yay!
  • Tuesday I wake up with Jeff's cold. Boo!
  • I am stubborn and ignore the lasting effects of the food poisoning and how all food exits my body AND I ignore my stuffy nose to go out for lunch at my favorite tea room which my mom booked before coming to town. Yay!
  • Spent the afternoon in bed but couldn't fall asleep. Boo!
  • Jeff wanted to take me out for my Birthday dinner. So we went to Red Robins. Yay!
  • I was hit with complete exhaustion on the way home and went straight to bed. It was 7:15. Boo!
  • Wednesday I still felt like crap but attempted to get some shots of Grandma and Asa before she had to leave. Yay!
  • Mom went home on Thursday after a week of me being sick and us not getting to do anything together. Boo!
  • Chris and Jana (Jeff's younger brother & wife) welcomed little Ian Mathew into the world at 3:34 Thursday afternoon! Yay!
  • I feel sicker today then I have ALL week. Cold sick that is, not vomiting sick, that was the worst, right now I think my head may explode. Boo!

So here are a few of the salvageable shots from my mini shoot. I was having a hard time with camera settings, focusing and the natural light was minimal making it that much harder.



This is my personal favorite as I love watching and capturing natural interactions. Asa loves studying hands, even my messed up ones...haha, and grandma's were no exception.


As an aspiring photographer this last photo screams "Terrible" to me but it goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I see as very bad lighting, mom's natural light was blocked by Asa and they both should have been turned towards it, this causing half her face to be shadowed and dark, is in fact her FAVORITE shot! Go figure. But I have to say they do have rather cute expressions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're still feeling bad, but despite it all, you've got some great shots of Asa and grandma. I like the last photo also. The expressions are what captures the moment.

Gma

Devon said...

love the pics! all of them are great. hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Anonymous said...

I love them. Still the most talented person I know. I love you,,mom