Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fish Face

On Tuesday while playing with Asa I started giving him fish kisses. For about ten minutes I made fish faces and wiggled my lips, kissing his cheeks and good times were had by all. Well, the good times were had by me at least, Asa on the other hand would have been just as happy eating paper. I swear this kid has paper radar but that's another post.

So yesterday after breakfast Asa is playing and I here this smacking noise. I walk over and ask what he's doing. He smiles and then makes the fish face. I don't mean "tries" to make it, I mean he sucked those cheeks in and formed some of the best fish lips I've ever seen! He then proceeded to do this for the rest of the day. It makes me wonder if he practiced in the privacy of his crib. He made no attempt to mimmic me while we were playing. He probably didn't want to share his new talent until he had perfected it. Haha. I tried to get a picture of him doing it this morning but like his father he prefers to do things on his agenda and no one else's! So the picture I got was just a he was finishing the one and only fish face while looking at me. I wasn't as prepared as I thought. He did do it multiple times while looking away and down, again letting me know without a doubt that he is his fathers son!



Aaah but you see, I can be stubborn too and will keep trying for the perfect shot. Now if only I had been smart enough to get a picture yesterday. DUH!

5 comments:

Devon said...

Oh my gosh, that is THE cutest face I've ever seen!!! He looks different too, did you cut his hair?

SplendidlyImperfect said...

He looks so big! When did he get a haircut? Dangit girl, did you learn NOTHING from 2001 and those prefab "First Haircut" layouts? This is something you need to be discussing here. Sheesh.

Danea Burleson said...

No I didn't cut his hair, well yes I did but weeks ago.

I did have Jeff snap a couple pictures with intent to scrap 'em, I even saved some hair so don't get those maternity panties in a knot girly.....hahaha. I will post those pics tomorrow.

Susanne P. said...

he looks different cuz he is sucking in those round cheeks! makes him look older, less baby-cheek-ish. what a doll.

Outnumbered said...

how cute is he!!! such a big man.