Thursday, August 21, 2008

Give it to me baby...

Feedback that is. Since my shy turtle idea got flushed, how about this:


This is the ruff draft and possibly the finished product. Before you answer though let me just give a quick rundown of what I am going for. I want cute but not too babyish. I will mostly do kids and families but possibly seniors and couples down the road. I haven't yet decide on whether to have Creative Photography or just Photography. Since I enjoy post processing and adding a creative touch to images I think the "Creative" fits don't you? Then again I could use "Portraiture" or "Imagining" etc... I will make it clear on my website that creative post editing is part of what I do artistically as a photographer and is part of what they are paying for when they hire me. I also want a name with a usable image logo, hence the green bug, thus I can simply use the bug on say stationary or the back of my business cards or even on image proofs instead of the whole name(if desired). I am trying to find whether this font is a free font or one that needs to be paid for if used in this manner but I can't find any info on it.

Oh and I made that little bug aint he cute. Hehe.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. It's cute and will be sure to create curiosity about what you do.

MIL

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Danea I LOVE it :)I think its perfect! WHen you get a chance please check out my blog I need your vote ;) it'll only take a moment I swear lol

SplendidlyImperfect said...

LOVE the bug - too cute! When I look at this logo, I tend to think you would work primarily with young children, and I think that might pigeonhole you a bit, especially if you want to get into couples, seniors, and older (like high school - senior portraits!) kids. The shades of green and blue that you used are really pretty though, and totally catch your eye.

Danea Burleson said...

Thanks for your feedback ladies. I agree with you Sara and Jeff and I discussed it briefly. My main focus will be children but I have a feeling that word of mouth clients may make it easier to branch out, presuming they are happy and I don't suck! LOL. I imagine client conversations to go something like this..."Great shots of Bethany, who did them?" "Little Green Bug" "Does she just do children cuz I think her style is AMAZING and we would love her to do our engagement shots." "She IS amazing and I tell ALL my friends to check her out. Go view her gallery at www... then give her a call..."

I could go on but it pretty much just continues with how wonderful I am and how everyone should hire me do their photos etc, etc...

Most photography sites simply use there own name and I want something different from that. So I am hoping with something catchy it will peek some interest to look further. Since my website will also have a gallery and I am yet to have any couples or seniors, it will eventually show all I offer and hopefully I can peck away at that pigeohole...hehehe.

P.S. When I say seniors I mean high school seniors not old folks, not that there's anything wrong with being that.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute logo! I would hire you. :)

Susanne P. said...

the colors and the lil' bug are very cool.

i think the name is very catchy and works well with you vision.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Did I ever tell you how much I admire your ability to stay grounded and humble in all situations?


*hee hee!*

Danea Burleson said...

LOL! I was waiting for someone to comment on that! Hehe

cari said...

what type face is this?