Friday, August 15, 2008

It's all in the name...

Scrappetite.

I like it, it has a nice ring. And the catch phrase"Feeding your insatiable hunger to scrap..." it's nice but the more I think about it the more I feel it is better suited for scrapbooking and not so much photography. Sure if all my clients were scrappers, but the chances there are slim. We created it waaaay back in the day when I sold paper piecings online. Ah, see the connection. Sweet huh! But now I am in a different place and feel the need for something new. But what?

I was sharing this dilemma with Jeff last night. He came up with scrappetite and I know that he will most likely come up with the perfect name again. He's creative like that. I tell him what I need and he brainstorms. Just one more reason why I love him.

In the meantime I've been struggling to squeeze out some ideas on my own. I want something fun and easy to remember but not too cutesy. I've had a few ideas but they were all pretty crappy. After some hard pushing I have come up with only ONE idea. I even created a logo for it, but looking at it now, I realize how much it stinks. Sigh. It's so frustrating when your creative juices are completely stopped up! Oh well I guess, back to the drawing board, I'm not going to exert myself anymore today, I'll just let it stew for a while. I'm sure the perfect name will come to us yet. Heck with my luck, we'll probably end up so bloated with ideas it'll be hard to pick just one. *Grunt*

4 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Okay, I know I can tell you this because you have an awesome sense of humor and you know I'm so not trying to be catty and mean but...

Remember that scene at the end of the second Austin Powers movie where Fat Bastard was talking about having a "turtle head" poking out?

I'm horrible.

Danea Burleson said...

I'm trying to remember that scene but I swear my memory is completely constipated! If only there was something to take to get it flowing, then maybe I wouldn't have such a hard time remembering. Poo! If only I knew what you were trying to say.

I'll keep thinking about it, I'm sure if I strain a little more I'll jostle
something loose.

Devon said...

Oh man I remember that scene!! Too funny!

Susanne P. said...

..heh heh she said "poo"...heh heh