Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally!



For the last couple weeks Asa has been taking one or two steps here and there. But they have been few and far between. Then last Tuesday night he casually walked from me, to Jeff. (I was sitting on the couch, Jeff was on the love seat about 4 feet away) He did this again on Wednesday night after a surprise noontime walk from his highchair to the couch (about 5feet). Then Thursday morning, upset that I told him not to touch my keyboard he {fake} cried and walked across the scraproom towards me, to both of our delight. That is when I ran and got the video recorder in hopes he would do it again as there was no coaxing him in the past. That's when I caught that first clip.

Today seems to be the day, after almost a week of sporadic steps, he has decided to walk. In fact he seems to be walking simply for the sake of walking today. Circling the dining room table, into the living room, laughing and then heading back to do it all again. He has even stopped to pick up various toys to take with him on his little journeys, it's just so cute. And right now he is having a well deserved nap!

I think I need a nap too, I'm tired out from just watching him. Hehehe.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How exciting. He's gonna be into everything now. Love it,
G'ma

Anonymous said...

Way To Go Asa....all you need now is a pair of skates :-)))

Outnumbered said...

look at him go!!! i love his arms sticking up in the air!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

WOO HOO!!! He figured it out - now he'll be walking everywhere :)

Susanne P. said...

next up...running! away from mom and dad. oh, the days. i remember them well. lol

way to go lil' man. =)

Anonymous said...

So very cute. Love the credits at the end! Great job Asa! We used to call that the "Frankenstien's monster" walk, with the arms poised in the air like that. next stage, climbing! watch out!

check it out, I'm blogging, I'm blogging! : mrskarenf

Devon said...

woohoo! go Asa!!

Heather C said...

Way to go Asa!

Anonymous said...

Love it...i love how all kids do "the lurch" when they first start walking...just in time for halloween...lol...he's adorable!!!

Mrs Anne said...

i want to pinch his BUNS!

:) cutiepants!