Thursday, January 22, 2009

It Came!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take a picture, but I am excited to say that the beautiful baby blanket that Miss M made Asa for his shower two years ago(well she started it then) finally arrived. Hey man, better late then never! Here's a link so you can see it since I don't have an actual picture yet: Sara's Awesome Quilt For Asa.

Asa loves it. He tries carrying it around but since it's pretty much adult size this means he trips, drops it and then picks it up again, walks two feet. Repeat. I did have a good chuckle though. The blanket was half draped over the coffee table, must have been Asa's placement as I hadn't put it there. Asa had been watching TV in his mini armchair. He got thirsty and climbed backwards on his chair to take a drink of milk from his sippy cup which was also on the coffee table directly behind him. When he put the cup down, two splashes of milk landed on the edge of the table. He stared at them for a moment and then directed his attention to his new quilt. He stretched out his arm, but couldn't quite reach. "Awww" I thought to myself "He sure loves that blanket." He then put one leg over the side of the chair and placed it firmly on the ground which enabled him to now reach the blanket. I was so proud to see how he does his own problem solving. Look at my boy getting so big! With the blanket now firmly in his hand he stood back on the chair, pulled it close, wiped up the milk with it and then sat back down to finish watching his show. LMBO!

I can't help but laugh again thinking about it. I immediately thought of Sara and all her hard work and here's my kid using it to mop up milk. But on the bright side it was just two little drops AND he cleaned up his own mess, one has to be impressed with that, no?

So Sara, thanks girl, it's beautiful!

--------------------------------

In other news, Sony just called about my camera that's in the shop. Said they can't find an issue. So I made it clear that I take people shots and that it won't stop motion below ISO1600. Like the guy in he camera store, I'm sure they have just snapped a picture on non moving object. I have a bad feeling about it and think we'll end up paying the crappy restocking fee and I'll be out a camera...sigh.

This news came just before Jeff's lunch time call were he informed me that they are cutting back his hours...again. Yup, the second time in the past 2 weeks. Things are about to get very tight here, being that he is the the bread winner of the household. I won't even mention how much a month we will be out but it is a very hefty chunk. Sigh. I'm trying not to let it get me down but worry will soon kick in I'm sure.

---------------------------------

Help Find Me A Name!

And now for a request. We are absolutely STUCK on another boy name. We have a few in the running but nothing that we both LOVE. So I am asking my readers to help out if they can with any name suggestions. But here's the catch. I like different, but not wacky and I don't want it to be in the top 100, the farther down the top 1000 list the better. What list, you ask? This one: Government Baby Name Site It's an actual government site(part of the Social Security site) that is fun to search! LOL.

**Forgot to add, Jeff bet me 10 bucks that non of my readers could find a better name than us...LOL.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote Laslow...the name has kind of an exotic feel to it, don't ya think? And as far as I can see, it didn't even MAKE the top 1000 list. How's THAT for orginal? LOL

No need to thank me...just glad I could help. ;o)

~Shelley

Susanne P. said...

sorry shelley, i bet it would get shortened to Las.

Sawyer
Marcel
Jax
Vaughn
Ellis
Cale
Memphis
Gaige
Zander
Grady
Everett
Graham
Finn

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Sorry to hear your hubbys hours got cut! That really stinks...gosh I have no idea about a baby name...I'll think about it!

Cardas Photography said...

I am sure I will think of something else - but Eli popped into my head right away! I like Gage too.

Anonymous said...

Austin..like in Texas....
Asa & Austin Burleson..has a nice ring...

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Hmm... I'm gonna have to agree with Susanne that Sawyer is an AWESOME name. ;) I like to joke that if we have another boy we'll have to name him Finn, just to be dorks. (but we're stopping with this one. really.)

I'm glad Asa likes the blanket. I didn't realize it was that big! I bought the package of batting that said it was baby blanket sized and based the dimensions on that. I figured, if you give ANYTHING to a toddler, especially a boy, it's gonna get grubby, so no worries about the milk. :)

Susanne P. said...

i think i must have had a mental block when i added sawyer to the list. what an ass! sorry sara. =(

Danea Burleson said...

Shelley- Not a bad name but I went to school with a Dave Laslow, so in my mind, it's a last name...lol. And I would probably shorten it to Laz as a nickname. Thanks for the suggestion.

Suzy Q- You've been pushin' Finn from day one, Jeff still shakes his head...LOL. Can't believe you spaced on Sawyer, but I do like it.

Renee- Get crackin girly, we need names...LOL.

Angela- Eli was one of the very first names that popped into my head when thinking of boys name. Hmmmmm???

Anonymous- It does have a nice ring to it, hence his name Asa Austin Burleson! Not sure who you are and if you knew that or were just being funny...hehe.

Sara- One. Really? Booo! Single children are ALWAYS problematic! Ok not always, was just trying to ruffle some feathers of any single children readers I may have...haha. And I like the size of the blanket! I've even thrown it over my lap. :)

Anonymous said...

How about Emmet, Sebastian (Sebby), Theo, Wyatt, Calvin, Johan, Alec, Torsten, Thor, Jacoby? Just a few ideas, I have no idea, I just don't like common names either! Good Luck