Sunday, August 16, 2009

Odin

Tonight I put Odin to bed in the crib for the first time. We'll see how it goes. Until now he has been sleeping in a pack and play bassinet in my scrap room. He has had a couple unpredictable feedings the past couple of nights so I have no idea how this will play out with him waking up in the night and possibly waking Asa also. Then there is the fact that Asa moans in his sleep. I have been using two monitors and have, for over a year, kept Asa's monitor just loud enough to hear him start crying or else his moaning would wake me. And yes sleeping in the same room with him in TX was not fun when he moaned...LOL. Crazy kid! Anyway, we'll just play the whole "sharing a room" idea by ear and see how it goes. It may be something we ease into. Not to mention 8pm is a bit early for Odie to pass out tonight so luck will have him awake at midnight I'm sure.

So as it turns out the second kid really does get shafted when it comes to pictures. Odin is so over due for a photo shoot! It's not that I haven't taken any pictures of him, but I can honestly say I haven't taken as much as I did with Asa. Regardless, here is one cute picture I snapped on the bed just before leaving grandmas house for the trip home. I can't believe how big he's getting already!

**Well that was short lived. I heard Asa start talking and then realized Odin was also squawking and thus I had to go get him. Now he is wide awake -Odie that is. But I am going to try and put him back in the crib when he tuckers out tonight. He usually goes down between 9-10. Here's hoping for good night full of sleep for everyone.

4 comments:

Susanne P. said...

wishing you luck. it would be great to free up that space in your scrap room.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Holy crap - it has been a while since you posted a pic of him! He's so BIG!!! Then again, this may be the first one I've seen with him awake, ha ha!

Danea Burleson said...

Ok, so he was officially done for the night at 10pm. I snuck him into Asa's room and put him down. I left the door open a crack just in case I had to get him for nursing in the early hours. Well I woke at 3am and didn't sleep much after, was too anxious about Odin waking and if he was ok, why was he sleeping so long, he'll probably wake as soon as I get back to sleep, is the monitor working, will I be able to get to him before he wakes Asa... Odin on the other hand slept like a rock all the way until 6:30.Hehehe. I took him back to bed with me and that is where he is STILL sleeping. He was awake about an hour but Dang! Wish I could sleep like that again! LOL. Since t is 10:45 I'm gunna go wake his butt up. :)

Rebecca said...

WOW...odin is so big and ADORABLE!!!.....